The memory of the catch makes it a trophy no matter the size. From skin mounts to reproductions, we do them all. Reproductions can be done from a length and girth measurement with a picture of the fish. We do both freshwater and saltwater reproduction. We will ship nationwide for an additional fee, call for a quote.
We have a fast turnaround time, but quality and attention to detail of your trophy will not be compromised!
Retail fish mounts can be skin mounts or replicas. Please call for prices and shipping instructions. Other taxidermists have been sending us their work for years and we welcome the opportunity for additional referrals, we ship nationwide.
Whether the fish is native to Minnesota or an exotic from across the world, Wendt Taxidermy can deliver that one of a kind trophy mount for your home or office. Native Minnesota fish we specialize in: walleye, northern bluegill, crappie, sunfish, small and large mouth bass, steelhead, rainbow & brown trout. salmon and more.
Fish Taxidermy Field Care
These steps will ensure the best opportunity for producing a quality mount.
- Make sure to lay fins down on the fish.
- Place in a plastic bag and freeze. Keep the fish as straight as possible.
- A wet towel can work as well in place of a plastic bag.
- Make sure to take length and girth measurements prior to freezing.
- Take photos of the fish if possible, including close ups. The photos are very helpful for recreating the color.
- Don’t use newspaper to wrap your fish. This can cause the fish to dry out and transfer ink from the scales.