Wendt Taxidermy uses the most up to date supplies for your bird to give it the most life-like feel in the industry. From a simple base to a custom cabinet, we can do it for you. Whether you are a native Minnesotan or traveling hunter we can create that one of a kind mount for you. We will ship nationwide.
We specialize in ducks, goose, grouse, pheasants, partridge, loons, bluegill, merganser as well as birds not native to Minnesota or the Midwest.
Bird Taxidermy Field Care
Birds should be refrigerated immediately after being taken in the field as the specimen is in a state of deterioration as soon as it is killed. Take care not to crush feathers by wrapping carefully with feathers smoothed in one direction. Feet should be wrapped in wet cloths. The bird then should be wrapped in double plastic bags and frozen immediately. Do take special care in handling frozen specimens to insure against broken tail and wing feathers. Always Freeze Whole!
Field Care Do’s
- Wash off any blood from the feathers.
- Wrap the head in paper towels and lay it on the back of the bird.
- Once head is wrapped, wrap the entire bird in paper towels.
- Place in double plastic bags and freeze.
Field Care Don’ts
- Don’t bend or break any tail feathers.
- Do not use newspaper or any material that allows ink to bleed